Family Academy can help and support parents directing their children’s education. Several options of services are available to churches and homeschool groups, private schools, and faith-based organizations who desire to help families educate their children.
Our Able to Teach course provides the instruction and tools to empower parents to be effective home educators.
Enrollment in Academy Northwest
Academy Northwest is our affiliate school providing the Teacher Consultant support, accreditation, transcripts, diploma/graduation, and registrar services.
Other educational services
- Training and support for teachers interested in becoming Family Academy Teacher Consultants
- Training and support for Churches and Homeschool Groups interested in starting a local learning center, extension campus, or affiliate school.
- Guest speakers and/or workshops for parents
- Consulting to parents – face-to-face, phone, and Internet-based
- Assessment of student skills and progress
- Achievement testing of students
Most support groups and homeschool co-ops provide an excellent service to families who are home educating their children. Many in leadership, however, recognize the challenge of providing adequate services and support to families with older children or families seeking greater assistance to succeed or continue.
For support groups, Family Academy can provide additional training for parents or workshops on a specific topic. We offer a substanial discount to support group leaders and coop leaders for the Able to Teach course so they can experience for themselves the advantages of taking this course.
For co-ops, FA could also provide a parallel support to supplement the co-op classes through a local Teacher Consultant. The Teacher Consultant can provide oversight to the enrolled families’ learning programs and offer classes to their students. The high school students would be able to develop a transcript and earn credit if enrolled in an FA-Affiliate Academy (see www.academynorthwest.org) under a Teacher Consultant.
The Christian school can’t meet the needs of every family, but providing options other than turning the students over to public school is key to supporting families. Family Academy can help private schools assist families to meet their children’s learning needs through Family-Directed Education.
The private school could:
- Host an “Able to Teach” course.
- Establish an FA-affiliated learning center or extension campus that co-ordinates with options from the private school (specific classes, sports, music, field trips, etc.)
- If the private school is only K-6 or K-8, Family Academy can provide a learning center or extension campus offering an accredited school program for the higher grades.
Partner With Us
We're sure you have some questions, but if you feel that we can help you then please contact us. We would love to provide you with all of the information you're seeking.